This page was last updated on February 29, 2024, with product updates for February 2024.
- Ability to group by multiple tags: You can now group by multiple tags in the console.
- EC2 rightsizing recommendations: New recommendations are added for rightsizing EC2 instances.
- Segment settings: You can now edit the default report settings on a top-level segment report.
- Updated UI look and feel: Visual updates were made to Financial Planning menus and screens.
- Financial Commitment Reports: Financial commitment reports are now available to help you understand how your organization is utilizing financial commitments.
- Bulk actions for folders and Cost Reports: You can now move and star folders and Cost Reports in bulk.
- Additional operators on resource reports: The
is greater thanand
is less thanoperators are both available for Metadata filters on resource reports. For example: where Metadata CloudWatch Log Groups Retention in Days is greater than 5.
- New notifications endpoint: The
/report_notificationsendpoint is now available. This endpoint also now has support via the Terraform provider.
- Multi-tag support: The
groupingsparameter of the
/costsendpoint has support for multiple tags.
- Data sources in Terraform: Data sources for multiple Vantage resources are now available in the Terraform provider.
- Segment costs: You can now obtain costs for segment reports from the
- Settings options on segments: The
report_settingsobject is now available on the
- Settings on Cost Reports: The
settingsobject is now available on the
- PlanetScale support: PlanetScale is now supported as a provider in Vantage.
- Updated UI look and feel: The Settings UI and main navigation bar are visually updated for better navigability.
- Charge Type filter and group: Charge Type is available as a new filter and grouping category on Cost Reports.
- Created by column: The Created by column is added to Business Metrics, Savings Models, as well as Cost Reporting screens, like Dashboards.
- Created On column sort: The Created On column, available on Cost Reporting screens, correctly sorts by date.
- Created by me filter: The Created by me filter screen is available in Cost Reporting. New reports you create will now be visible within this view.
- Tag grouping for advanced exports: The advanced export on Cost Reports now has a Tag grouping option.
- "Other" grouping expanded: The Other grouping is expanded on Cost Reports so you can display additional costs, beyond what's already displayed, in the table and graph.
- Cost Reports line and area charts: When grouping by specific criteria, you can now adjust the Cost Report graph to be displayed as an area chart or line chart, with a line for each group.
- Searchable Business Metrics Report dropdown: The Report dropdown menu on the Business Metrics screen is now searchable.
- Priority added to
PUTrequest for segments: The
priorityparameter is available on the
- New groupings parameter: The
groupingsparameter is available on the
- Access grant endpoint update: Update/destroy endpoints for
/access_grantnow use the access grant token to identify an access grant.
- Expanded recommendations: Cost recommendations have been expanded for Azure.
- Kubernetes efficiency reports: Kubernetes efficiency reports allow teams to quickly identify which Kubernetes pods are running inefficiently. These reports are a customized view of Kubernetes idle and total costs based on Cluster, Namespace, and Label.
- Official Kubernetes integration: The Vantage Kubernetes agent provides a single in-cluster deployment that handles both metrics collection and upload to Vantage—without any intermediary requirements.
- Cost allocations segment API: Script both the creation and modification of cost allocation segments via new API endpoints.
- Automatic team assignment for SSO: Automatically assign users to teams in Vantage based on your organization's existing SSO groups.
- Confluent support: Confluent is now supported as a provider in Vantage.
- Team-based access controls: Enterprise customers can now use role-based access control to create fine-grained permissions for teams across their organizations.
- Resource report exports: You can now download lists of resources for further exploration via resource reports.
- Annotations for reports: You can now add annotations to Cost Reports for infrastructure changes or events.
- Oracle support: Oracle is now supported as a provider in Vantage.
- Dashboards: You can now create dashboards with custom collections of Cost Reports and apply date range and period filters to all reports present on them.
- Write API: The new write API automates the management of Cost Reports, saved filters, and dashboards.
- New Terraform resources: New Terraform resources are available for Cost Reports, folders, saved filters, and dashboards.
- Alert thresholds for anomaly detection: Set custom alert thresholds on cost anomaly alerts, so alerts are tailored to your tolerance for cost spikes.
- Comparative cost reporting: Cost Reports now have a By Date toggle to display costs by day, week, or month in the costs table.
- Budget alerts: You can now create budget alerts to receive automated notifications when costs exceed user-defined alert thresholds.
- Datadog support: Datadog is now supported as a provider in Vantage.
- Multi-dimensional cost reporting: You can now group Cost Reports by multiple dimensions.
- GCP resource-level costs: Resource-level costs are available for GCP Cost Reports.
- Resource reports: You can create resource reports to view and access resources generated per provider.
- Kubernetes cost efficiency metrics: Manage the efficiency of your Kubernetes clusters in addition to enterprise reporting, visibility, and cost allocation.
- Self-service SAML: Users can now configure SAML-based SSO for their account without contacting Vantage support.
- Saved filters: Saved filters are available to save and reuse filter logic across multiple Cost Reports.
- Azure cost recommendations: Azure cost recommendations are now supported.
- Cost Report exports: You can now export Cost Reports via custom exports.
- Per-unit cost support: With per-unit costs, you can track costs per customer, endpoint, transaction, etc.
- Terraform provider: Terraform provider is now available to integrate AWS accounts with Vantage.
- New Relic support: New Relic is now supported as a provider in Vantage.
- Expanded resource filtering: You can now filter by resource in Cost Reports.
- MongoDB Atlas support: MongoDB Atlas is now supported as a provider in Vantage.
- Updates to Cost Reports: You can now save custom date ranges, date bins, and groupings to share with teammates in Cost Reports.
- Autopilot recommendations expanded: Autopilot is expanded to recommend Reserved Instance purchases on RDS, ElastiCache, Redshift, and OpenSearch.
- Cost allocation segments: Segments are now enabled for teams to allocate costs to business units.